Re: a little help with linux

Robbie Dude writes:

« HTML content follows »
hey guys I'm noob to linux and I was hoping someone was on that could
maybe help me get my wireless working on my linux box. I have drivers for
it and I'm pretty sure HW see's it. For some reason I just can't seem to
get the drivers install. If you can, hit my up via IM that would be great.
Email me on my gmail account and I'll give ya my IM info.

The best advice for you is to just throw out whatever screwy wireless
hardware you have that apparently requires you to compile and install some
cockamamie drivers.  Chalk it off as a learning experience.  Go back to
Google, and find a wireless card that's been natively supported by the
modern Linux kernel for at least a year now, buy it, plug it in, and have
everything Just Work™.

There are plenty of wireless cards out there with native Linux support.