Re: internal modems!!!

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Abortive attempts to load internal hard modems on Linux thru' the years
have deterred me from attempting to do so on FC4. Anyone tell me if it
is possible ?.

Depends on the modem. Have a look at linmodems.org (IIRC). That said,
internal modems should never be put near a computer. They are typically
that poor that if you get a spur on the phoneline, it can blow the
b'jesus out of the motherboard and memory. Use an external one.

TTFN

Paul
A Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. pci modem, in combination with a quality
phone line surge protector, solves that problem :-)

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.