Re: converting NTFS drive

First and foremost: Backup before you do anything.
Second, tools like Partition Magic can convert an NTFS partition back to
FAT32. (Which is fully accessible by both Linux and Windows.)
If you rather keep the current file-system, you can install the required
NTFS support from http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/downloads.html

Gilboa