Re: Two display anomalies

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Peter Arremann wrote:

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 20:58, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
(2)
Video card: ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 in an IBM Thinkpad T41.
Driver: radeon
Kernel: kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4
Kernel option: video=radeonfb
X: xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.45
Symptom: When I use the VGA-out jack to connect to an overhead projector
or external monitor, the projector image ripples slowly, as though (very
narrow) waves are passing over it.
Have you checked your cable you're using? We had exactly the same issue with a
dell 3200MP projector on omnibooks 6100s... Ended up being the cheap generic
replacement cable we had bought...

Good thought, but happens with multipe cables, including one attached to a halfway decent external VGA monitor that hasn't shown any other signs of trouble. Also, back in FC2/3 days, I could both see and not see the problem with the same cable and different kernels.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Peter.

--
		Matthew Saltzman