Re: LVM Suggestions

On 9/6/05, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

am wondering, how best to manage a 40GB drive with LVM. System has 192MB
of RAM. At present, I see Hard Drives /dev/hda Free equalling 32254.
This' my 1st time to do things manually(only way to learn). I have a
basic understanding of LVM, but was wondering how others set their
systems up. What's the minimum PV for the swap and boot volumes.? Should
I break the drive up into smaller, easier managed volumes.? Cheers.

I'm not going to be the best person to answer your question ultimately, but I know that the answer will depend upon what the machine is meant to do. Is this a desktop/web server/file server/etc?

For what it's worth, I think swap should equal RAM, and boot should be about 100Mb. For the rest, I just guess.