Re: Streaming MMS Server

Ben Halicki wrote:
Hi all,

I'm running a Linux box with apache for our webstuff and wanted to set it up
to stream multimedia, using Windows Media player as the frontend.  Anyone
know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Halicki
Information Technology Officer
Macquarie Textiles Group Limited
Phone: +61 2 6043 0235
Fax: +61 2 6041 1321

[rant]
I for one hate the mms format. I have fought with it for a few months now from a commercial site and finally found that we cannot access it from inside our firewall.
[/rant]

The issue is the protocol is blocked at the firewall. I can access all other types of media, just not streaming and I have a better chance of winning the grand prize in the lottery three times in a row before I can get it through the firewall. :)

--
Robin Laing