Re: apache: problem viewing PNGs

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I'm running apache on my desktop,
and viewing web-files on the desktop from my laptop.

I'm running a program which writes PNG files in /var/www/cgi-bin/
and then writes an html file (also in cgi-bin)

Well that's the problem. The cgi-bin directory is for executable files, not for static content. Frankly I'm amazed your html files work as the default apache configuration certainly doesn't permit this. It will try to execute everything under /cgi-bin/.

Save your files somewhere under your normal document root and everything will work. Apart from anything else you are opening yourself to nasty security holes by making cgi-bin writable by whichever user your webserver is running as.

	TTFN

	Simon.