Re: Software to test fixed system

On 9/5/05, C.F. Scheidecker Antunes <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Compaq Server with a Raid 3200 Smart Array card and a few HDs.
> This computer has given me problems in the past as when the I/O activity
> was on a normal level it would reboot. It had FC3 and now FC4. I have
> replaced the smart array card and I needed to have this system tested
> before hauling it to the Data Center which is 55 miles away.

[snip]
> In fact, in the past this was used as a MySQL server and it would reboot
> every time it crashed. This is a Compaq thing due to the Smart Array
> card. So if there is an app that would heavily run the MySQL server in a
> loop that would be great as well.

Compaq servers,t all the ones I ever worked with, have a BIOS setting
that will reboot the computer ift detects that the system is hung.
This setting can be turned off.

With it off you can debug the actual problem.  Which could be that the
system was not showing any activity that was being *monitored*
therefore the system reset/rebooted.

HTH YMMV
--
Leonard Isham, CISSP