almost perfect... but not quiet? 2 issues i have with kde

Ok... I like fedora core 3, because, I have used it for a little while now, and have everything tuned the way I want.

So... the last 2 issues that need to be resolved are ....

The screen saver in kde doesnt work. When i set it, and test it, it works. But, when I set it, the screen just goes blank when its supposed to start the screen saver. I have played with the permissions as seems to be the common problem with kde screen saver.

But, that no no avail has done me any good.

Then the next problem... Is the thumbnails of pictures in konquerer? I have this option set, but , it doesnt preview anything. anybody have any suggestions? these arent big deals or even know if this is appropriate for the list. But the only 2 things bugging me about linux ;)

thanks a lot, martin