Re: Scanner Support

Philip Moller wrote:
Your Canoscan N676U is supported by sane according to this site:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON

Have you tried the scanner with the linuxprogram kooka ?
http://freshmeat.net/projects/kooka/

I have a Canoscan LIDE 20 and is working perfectly with fc4 on my machine.
I plugged the scanner in my usb and used kooka to scan and that worked very well for me. I didn't need to tweak any config for it to work, it worked direct after pluggin. I have no problem with the backend plustek http://www.gjaeger.de/scanner/plustek/

I tried using a different USB port, and now it seems be working better (ie no grinding noises). I might just have had it plugged into an inadequately powered port. The whole kdegraphics package looks interesting, so I probably give that look. Thanks for the advice.

Chris