Re: postfix smarthost to relay in same domain

str tux wrote:
if you mean, your old mailserver should forward outgoing mails to the new
server see here:

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

see section  "What delivery method: direct or indirect"

hth
Roger

Thanks Roger,

relayhost is properly configured and relaying works except as i
desired. limme explain further:

domino server users:
john@xxxxxxxxxxxx
peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx

postfix server users:
jane@xxxxxxxxxxxx
laine@xxxxxxxxxxxx

i have no issue in my domino server as anything not local user to the
domino server it is forwarded to my postfix server.

the problem now occurs in postfix.
if i put mydestination and relayhost as:
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
relayhost = [mail.mydomain.com]

i'm not able to send to john@xxxxxxxxxxxx

if i set mydestination and relayhost as:
relayhost = [mail.mydomain.com]

i'm able to send to john@xxxxxxxxxxxx but not able to receive email
within any users in postfix server.

in exim as i'm little bit familiar, you can set a transport smarthost
and you can set to check first any local users in the local server and
if it is not available it will be forwarded to the relayhost
(smarthost).

how to achive same thing in postfix?

In an arrangement like this, what would happen if someone sent a mail to a user that was not local to either server (e,g, due to a mistyped username)? It looks like a recipe for a mail loop to me.

Paul.