OT - Firewire drive recommendation?

All -

I know zero about firewire - I've never used it or even touched it.

I have read that you can set up clustering on an external firewire drive
connected to two Linux machines.  What I don't know is how to do it - I
know nothing about firewire, historically being a USB user.  This is *not*
for a production environment - it is for my own education at home.

What hardware do I need to use to let a single external firewire disk be
accessed by two Linux servers at the same time?  I figure I need the
external enclosure, a firewire card for each server, and some sort of a
firewire hub (if there is such a thing).  Am I on the right track?

Anyone done this and had any experiences good or bad?

Thanks!
Thomas