Re: Hackers are unstoppable!

<quote who="Scot L. Harris">
> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:13, AragonX wrote:
>
>> I found AIDE (http://www.cs.tut.fi/~rammer/aide.html) to be more useful
>> than Tripwire.  Both perform the same function.
>
> Does the current version of AIDE sign both the database and policy
> file?  Last time I looked it did not do that.

I don't think it does.  Since both files are supposed to be on removable
media, only accessible from the system when they are being run, I don't
think it's as much of an issue.

That would be a nice new feature but I fear the project is dead.  There
does seem to be some activity on the Tripwire side though.  I'm looking
forward to a new release.