Re: ATI & nVidia

On 8/30/05, Robert Bell <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I'm finally going to ditch my Radeon in favor of an nVidia card.
> Can someone recommend an nvidia card comparable to my Radeon 9800 that
> plays nice with FC4?
>
> Thanks

How much money do you want to spend?  Do you need an AGP card or
PCI-E?  All nVidia cards use the same driver, so there is no reason to
go with one over another based on how well they play with FC4.  I'd
say go over to newegg.com and find the best 6000 series card under
your max price.  The 6600 seems to be a good mid-priced choice.  You
can look around for some graphics card reviews to see which types
perform better and how they do against the new ATi cards.  I think the
GT cards are a little faster than the plain ones.  Also, be conscious
of power requirements.  Almost all of the mid to high end cards
require at least one power supply connection, and the top-of-the-line
ones may require two (and I think you are not supposed to share those
lines).

Jonathan