RE: Groups and AD Groups etc

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:59 -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:
> [...]

----
samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx suggests that they've been mucking with this to
revert all user names to lower case when they reach posix stage which
apparently hasn't always been the consistent behavior but apparently
will be consistent starting with 3.0.14

I would expect that it should be creating the posix accounts and home
directories on the fly - presumably with pam makehomedir thing.

Then, you can groupmap the Windows groups to Unix groups.

As I recall, there are often suggestions that it's not a good idea to
put normal users into apache group - others will probably sound off on
that.

Craig