Re: SELinux and Squid - Non-default squid http_port (!=3128)

Paul Howarth wrote:

Øyvind Stegard wrote:

By 'squid_allow_any', I am assuming you mean 'squid_connect_any'. I tried this instead of 'squid_disable_trans', but that does not work.

That would allow squid to connect outbound to web servers running on non-standard ports; it doesn't affect the port that squid can bind to itself.

I can only get squid up and running on http_port 64030 by setting 'squid_disable_trans'.

An alternative approach would be to install the policy sources and edit /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/net_contexts, adding a line:

portcon tcp 3128  system_u:object_r:http_cache_port_t

replacing 3128 with the port number you want to use.

Then do:

# cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy
# rm policy.conf
# make reload

Paul.

This is one of the features we are working on for FC5. How to allow admins to customize

ports, ethernet devices, users and add their own allow rules without requiring policy sources to be installed.

Currently you need to work off the policy-sources.