Re: Strange init 3 behavior,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 12:40:26PM +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 12:38, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > No prompt is returned.  The machine has hung.  However, I think what
> > you are describing is the behavior on earlier versions. When you ran
> > init 3 some lines appeared but after the line anacron appeared you had
> > to hit return to get the prompt.
> >
> > In out case , either the screen goes black and hangs or sometimes you
> > get as far as the line anacron but hitting return does nothing.
>
> Does this still happen if you try the 'vesa' X driver?
>
> -Andy

As I keep telling my students you need to ask even it shows your
ignorance. Maybe it is the early hour but I don't know how to try the
'vesa' X driver or even what the 'vesa' X driver is. I would like to
know what it is if it potentially will solve our problem.
Could you clarify?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University