Evolution doesn't show mail

I am running FC4 and Evolution 2.2.2.

This morning there was tremendous disk activity but I found then that my
Trash had been emptied (weekly) so that explained that.  My Inbox had 70
entries and I was able to browse them till, suddenly, my Inbox showed
empty with 70 messages unread.  When new mail arrived I had 74 unread
but still no items in the list!  I defined then a new folder and a
filter for "anything else" to go in there and now I can see the newer
messages but those 74 are invisible!!  What can I do to re-enable my
standard Inbox??

Tia, Albert