Re: FC4 Ready for primt time?

Am Montag, den 29.08.2005, 15:51 -0400 schrieb Joey:
> I want to upgrade our servers and impliment new servers under FC4, however
> if it's not ready for prime time, I will have to continue with FC3.
>
> Can anyone elaborate?

OK, no answer until now. I suppose your question is too unspecific.

FC4 is ready for prime time, in the sense Fedora can. May be you should
read the project goals on the web site again. It is meant to to be
bleeding edge. The other side of this coin: there is a higher chance for
troublesome side effects.

Nevertheless, you should start to look for the cause of your trouble in
your specific settings, not in a general attribute of FC4. Try to
describe what you did and what problems arise.

On the other hand: If you have to set up a production server, you should
consider to use another distro or RHEL enterprise of one of its
compatibles (esp. CentOS or x/os)

Peter