Re: On growisofs, burning bad (install) disks, and "mediacheck"...

Am Montag, den 29.08.2005, 11:32 -0600 schrieb Philip Prindeville:
> It would be nice if "growisofs" had a --verify option to read back
> the data written to the media to ensure that the burn was good, and
> to report failure if it wasn't.

If you could happily use a GUI instead of the CLI k3b as delivered with
Fedora makes this work for you.

> Also, can we add a script to accomplish the check that booting "linux
> mediacheck" does to the disk so that the media can be checked from
> a running system (i.e. the same system one just burned the CD/DVD
> on)?

Would be great, indeed. Perhaps you should make RFE in bugzilla? (there
is no appropriate component available, I suppose, therefore against
Fedora)

> Supposedly that system will have had all of its CD dma and 32-bit
> (non)compatibility issues worked out (which typically isn't the case
> for the system you're trying to do the install onto).

Did you manage to work it out? What did you do? I'm getting constantly
verification errors (FC3 and FC4), but the burning is (in most) cases
ok.

Peter