Re: How to disable system notification sounds in KDE apps?

Hi,

> I logged into a KDE session, went to the KDE Control Center --> Sound
> and multimedia, and found an option to turnoff system notification
> sounds, checked "Apply to all" and activated it, but programs like
> Kontact still make that obnoxious breaking-glass sound on errors under
> Gnome. How can KDE users stand it?

In this very screen you described in Control Center, pay attention to
the "Event source" combo box on the top of the screen. When you check
"Apply to all", you're applying to all events in the event source which
is selected here. This breaking-glass sound is in "KDE System
Notifications" event source. Select it before applying changes.

[]'s
Marcelo