Re: ATI Livna driver package

Am Montag, den 29.08.2005, 01:14 -0400 schrieb Claude Jones:
> I just downloaded and installed the new kernel, and rebooted. No problem.
> During reboot, I got the expected message that my NTFS driver failed to load
> because of the missing kernel-module. I was expecting a similar message from
> ati-fglrx but no, no message. When I go to system settings/more system
> settings and click on the ATI-fglrx settings, the GUI opens right up - in
> times past, I would get the missing kernel-module message on reboot for
> ATI-fglrx

This should still be the case. If not check if /etc/init.d/ati-fglrx is
still enabled. If yes, then please post the output of

/etc/init.d/ati-fglrx start
/etc/init.d/ati-fglrx stop

>  and the settings GUI wouldn't open or would open with errors.

Maybe ATI changed something and it works now without the kernel-module?

>  What
> gives - did I miss something? Is an updated kernel module no longer necessary
> for the ATI driver from Livna?

The X-Server will work fine without the kernel-module (a updated modules
hopefully are pushed soon), but 3D-Support won't work.

HTH
--
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>