Re: local imap server using fetchmail

Am Mo, den 29.08.2005 schrieb Lovell Mcilwain um 16:44:

Please keep discussion on-list.

> I am all for getting things to work as they were intended to so if its intended for fetchmail to
> hand over mail to the local MTA then Im all for it.  I definitely don't want to complicate things.
> So if my theory is correct, my IMAP server is running and I am now able to log in (thanx to Craig),
> and I now need to start fetchmail and then check mail vial my mail client?  One thing I am having a
> hard time grasping is my log in from the client.
>
> Right now my settings are set to my <localusername>@localhost and my IMAP server is set to localhost
> and my SMTP server is set to sendmail(using evolution).  Is that correct since fetchmail is set to
> fetch my gmail account? or does my mail client also need to be set to my gmail account seetings with
> the IMAP server set to localhost?

As your mail access server (Cyrus-IMAPd) is running locally, as well
your MTA (Sendmail), it is proper to set their addresses in the MUA
(mail user client) with localhost. But don't forget that if you send
through your local Sendmail, using smtp.gmail.com as your smart host,
you will have to set a valid sender mail address.

Alexander

Serendipity 17:16:28 up 7 days, 14:00, load average: 0.23, 0.19, 0.08