Best way to remove fedora 4 but keep grub safe?

Sorry I have never done this before.  But what as the listknows
I had problems with fc3, so I installed fc4 onto another partition, but now that fc3 is fixed, I dont want fc4 anymore. But, if I trash /dev/hda3 which is what fc4 is on, how will grub be affected? grub is also with fc3, which has a seperate boot partition.

SHould I reinstall grub on fc3 and THEN trash fc4?

thanks,

martin