Re: Apache's DocumentRoot on vfat partition goes: permiddion denied, .. anyone ???

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 13:52 -0700, Daniel Masson wrote:

> Im trying to set de DosumentRoots directive of a
> virtualhost that im creating in apache , .. but i
> always get permission denied 403 when trying to access
> from browser , ... the line on /etc/fstab goes:
>
> dev/hda8               /documentos             vfat
> defaults,uid=48,gid=48  0 0
>
> apache runs a uid 48 and gid 48, ... the virtual host
> goes:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerAdmin danielemasson@xxxxxxxxx
>     #DocumentRoot /mnt/documentos
>     DocumentRoot /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel/sitio
>     ServerName fecel
>     ErrorLog logs/fecel-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/fecel-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> anyone can help me please ????

Two common issues:

1. Unix permissions

Make the parent directories of sitio all world executable, as well as
the sitio directory.  And make the sitio directory world readable,
something like this:

rwx----wx /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel/sitio
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel
rwx-----x /documentos

2. SELinux restrictions

Read the SELinux Apache FAQ about this on the Fedora website.
<http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq/>

Basically you can disable SELinux, or disable SELinux with Apache, or
set appropriate SELinux rules for the files and directories being served
by Apache.

I read messages from the public lists.