ntp update?

Greetings,

I finally took care of some pending updates for my Fedora Core 3
installation on Saturday morning.  Since then, my ntpd has been
silently exiting after startup.  I know this because I have a cron
job run twice a day which loggs the time source that it is currently
locked on to, and it generates errors.

And since my allegedly superior reliability FC3 system is providing
time signals for my internal network, this failure is rather annoying.

/etc/ntp.conf is unchanged from before the update.

Is anyone aware of any changes which might be influencing ntpd's
behaviour, and/or have any suggestions regarding debugging this problem?

Thanks.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: