Re: NUT Config

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Robert Bell wrote:

tcgetattr() is a command for getting the parameters for a serial port (/dev/ttyS?), it won't work with an USB HID device. Are you sure you are using the right driver? You should use the hidups or newhidups diver with USB HID UPSes.

I'm not sure of anything at this point.

the hidups driver says "Can't connect to UPS [cyberpower]
(hidups-hiddev0): No such file or directory . . . dev/hiddev0 is not a
UPS"
the newhidups driver says "Can't connect to UPS [cyberpower]
(newhidups-hiddev0): No such file or directory. . . No USB/HID UPS found"

I really dont WANT to use USB except that this motherboard doesnt have a
serial port.

You might be better off re-asking your question on the mailing lists at http://www.networkupstools.org/. I guess it's possible that the hidups driver doesn't support the Cyber Power protocol on USB yet. But I doubt anyone here knows if they haven't spoken up already. You already have information about the things to watch for configuring nut for FC4 that will help you implement any suggestions you get there.

Good luck.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences