Re: Mailing List software

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 07:38:51 -0500,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The qmail-based ezmlm sends one copy at a time.  I'm not sure
> if it adjusts the To: header on each message but you might
> check that.

You need a patch for qmail to do that. Normally it doesn't mung headers
when messages are injected. There is a version of ezmlm-idx which will
use the forementioned patch to do per message headers. This can be used
to provide list headers with customized unsubscribe requests.

I don't think it will change things in the body of the message.

If you are sending mail to a bunch of stupid people who feel good about
being written to individually it is probably easier to just use some
simple scripts than to use mailing list software.

Of course some people may get pissed off at you making it harder for them
to appropiately sort their email and for making it look you think they
are idiots and can't tell a mass mailed message from its context.