Re: Sharing files between two Linux partitions

Paul Smith wrote:
On 8/28/05, Mostafa Z. Afgani <mostafa.afgani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have two Linux partitions on my computer (but in different hard
disks) and I would like to transfer some files from my Mandriva
partition to my Fedora Core 4 partition. I have tried

mount /dev/hdb1 /mandriva

and I can access to the Mandriva partition, but my files in my home
directory (in Mandriva) do not show up. I guess this problem is

Are they simply not there, or do you get an access denied error? If they
are simply not there, then I suspect they were on a different partition
than the / partition.

Look at (as root)

#fdisk -l

for clues (Look for other Linux partitions on your /dev/hdb).

No luck:

# fdisk -l
bash: fdisk: command not found
#