Re: OT - my domain must have become a spammer's source

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 11:13 +0700, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Sunday 28 August 2005 11:00, oldman wrote:
>
> >     As I'm sure you realize this is probably some acquaintance of yours,
> > who has your E-Mail address in Outlook and has some nasty Adware or
> > virus on his system as well.  Unfortunately, unless you want to collect
> > all of your bounces and try to figure out who you know that collects
> > bazillions of e-mail addresses, it is unlikely that you will ever find
> > out.  I got lucky once when I received a bounce from the Navy and from a
> > distant relative, so the person had to know both of us and have both our
> > e-mail addresses (luckily (?) I don't have a lot of family that I talk
> > to regularly and it was relatively (no pun intended) to figure out the
> > culprit and get his box fixed.  Good Luck
> >
> > Scott
> You can try view the source of the email. In Kmail > open the email > view
> source (press v).
----
1 - actually I can't - at least not on most of them. The emails aren't
originally directed to me, only the rejections and most of the
rejections don't include the full headers of the rejected emails.

2 - the ones that did include the full headers were not at all
consistent with origination point. Likewise the 'forged' sender address
is entirely inconsistent and there have been enough different ones that
I haven't noticed if any 2 of the rejected forged sender addresses in
the LHS have been the same, but of course the RHS is always the same -
which is why they end up in my catchall box.

Craig