Re: OT - my domain must have become a spammer's source

Craig White wrote:

I have long had a catchall box for my domain without too much issue -
spamassassin has handled the load.

Apparently - starting at some point today, I am getting several hundred
rejects an hour with apparently random_name@xxxxxxxxxxx as the sender
and thus the bounce backs/rejects are coming to me.
I can filter them with sieve but I am wondering if there's a way to know
how/where these things are originating from and if there's likely any
reprecussions from this mess.

Craig

As I'm sure you realize this is probably some acquaintance of yours, who has your E-Mail address in Outlook and has some nasty Adware or virus on his system as well. Unfortunately, unless you want to collect all of your bounces and try to figure out who you know that collects bazillions of e-mail addresses, it is unlikely that you will ever find out. I got lucky once when I received a bounce from the Navy and from a distant relative, so the person had to know both of us and have both our e-mail addresses (luckily (?) I don't have a lot of family that I talk to regularly and it was relatively (no pun intended) to figure out the culprit and get his box fixed. Good Luck

Scott