Re: SELinux and Squid - Non-default squid http_port (!=3128)

Øyvind Stegard wrote:

Thomas Springer wrote:

Try this:

# /usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel

This box is headless, so I can't use graphical configuration tools. (can't get SSH X forwarding to work, either..)

Find panel SELinux and change 'squid_allow_any' in category /Others.

I ended up using 'setsebool', and set the key 'squid_disable_trans' to TRUE. What does this mean, disable domain transition, in SELinux lingo ? It works, at least. Haven't tried altering 'squid_allow_any'.

This would completely disable SELinux protection for squid. squid_allow_any boolean is better. You can get SSH X forwarding by reading the release notes

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc4/#id2503227

You can also use /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans to set SELinux booleans. setsebool would only do that for the current session

regards
Rahul