MySQL Starting Process Failed : TIME OUT

Hi friends,
I just installed MySQL 3.23.58 on an FC2 machine, but
I can not start it :

Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
Starting MySQL: [FAILED]

Please note that I found some threads recommending
edit the mysqld scripts to $RANDOM and etc. But :
I did not find any thing similar to recommendations in
my own mysqld file and when I tried to change the
similar parts I did not obtain any success and got
same error message.
Thank you,

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs