Re: Best Update Method

Am Sa, den 27.08.2005 schrieb CHAT KHODA um 14:20:

> I am just trying to update a WEB server but I face a
> problem , seems general!
> Normally when you try to use YUM (We are using Core2),
> you will receive a very old offer of update from
> RedHat web site and when we try to install RPMs for
> other Cores , we receive many dependecy errors.(For
> instant the best offer of YUM for FC2 trying to update
> Apache is 2.0.51 and MySQL 3... ! .
> We receive other error messages when we try to use
> sources of these programs.
>
> So what is thebest solution to keep these packages as
> up to date as possible?
> No need to say that we can not upgrade to Core4
> easily.

FC2 is EOL - means no updates available for it since several month.
There is the Fedora Legacy Project http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ which
offers security (no feature updates, only security patches) updates for
actually EOL products FC1 and FC2. Please read on their website. Without
upgrading to a current Fedora release you can't get newer applications
versions without doing the work yourself.

Alexander

Serendipity 15:09:45 up 5 days, 11:53, load average: 0.18, 0.17, 0.13