Re: I'm looking to setup a file server at home and seeking advice bef ore I buy.

I'm about to reuse some old hardware to create a sizable RAID storage server
at home to get all the data I care about in one place and protected.

Keep in mind that RAID only is not 100% safe. Think of a wrong delete action,
power surge, or something that will take out every drive in your system. If you
want to be 100% safe, you must create backups.

Good luck,

Joost