selinux, unlabeled files, apache, etc.

After upgrading from RH9 to FC4 (and opting for selinux), I followed the Fedora instructions on enabling user directories again, setting up the se context and all that, but no good -- I still get the 403's.

I have a hunch it is due to the way I upgraded the system. Maybe some will say it's laziness, but I left /home as it was before (i.e. unformatted). As a result, I see that /home/xyz has no selinux label. Will that screw up apache? (The selinux faq for FC3 talks about potential trouble if you turn off selinux, create new files and then turn it back on.)

Is there a way to label all the unabled files? Then I could give all files in home the user_home_t label, and then relabel the userdir for httpd. chcon won't work on /home/xyz because it tells me the file is unlabeled.

Is there some other obvious trouble I might be in because I didn't let the installer write over /home?

tia

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just US$9.95 per year!