Re: Crash crash crash, FireFox unhappy

Andy Pieters wrote:

Hi All

I am having a problem with FireFox, latest stable release (not deerpark alpha)

It almost almost crashes whenever I close a window, be it a popup or a messagebox. Reinstalling the rpm from scratch didn't solve the problem as does disabeling all the extensions.

I can't seem to generate a backtrace either. Here is what I do: open my company's lan website. Click a button that pop's up a new window; close that window, and 80% of the time, FireFox crashes. Or, a message alert is shown (javascript generated) and when I press the ok, or cancel button, firefox crashes 80 to 90% of the time.

This is realy getting on my nerves because I want, need, and am addicted to FireFox, and am even dependant of it to do my work!

The windows variant seems to be more stable.

On a side note, when using konqueror, whenever I press a button that popups a window, it crashes too.

Both program's sigsev.

So if anyone out there can share some of their enormous knowledge (no pun intented), then please do so.

Your humble servant

Andy

Have you tried running firefox in safe mode from the command line?
#firefox -safe-mode

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.