Re: Gnome / X-Windows Bug

Evan wrote:

For grins I tried the New Login menu item under System Tools.  And, I
am now currently re-installing Fedora 4 (fc4).  As soon ;as I pressed
the menu button the screen went blank.  And after that I could never
get into an X display again!  I tried everything, I even did a find to
locate all of the most recently modified files.  And there weren't any
that related to xorg, or gdm, etc...  I'm using a Compaq EVO 850dt,
with a NVidia GeForce2 card, it is not a laptop.

I wish I could troubleshoot the problem, but I have work to do!

Hope this install works!

as the root user run
updatedb &
(nobody uses locate, so process disabled by default, except me) -  :-)
when program finishes type
locate xorg-x11
(A bunch of files should be listed)
type "locate gdm" (A bunch of files should be listed)

Was one of your sessions run as root? Are you using the "nv" or "nvidia" driver?

Jim

--
Larkinson's Law:
	All laws are basically false.