Re: Run ps on remote machine

well i am actually interested in coding it in c or c++ myself... can u point me to some resources that would help me do that. it may sound as if i was re-inventing the wheel but i am trying to learn...

Regards

On 8/23/05, Robin Bowes <robin-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Dattatraya wrote:
>
>> Is there any way of running ps on a remote machine. I know one can do
>> it by
>> ssh. i am talking of writing some code and doing some socket
>> programming to
>> achieve it myself. can somebody point me to some useful resource..
>

> rsh remotehost ps

ssh is a secure replacement for rsh so the following will also work:

   ssh remotehost ps

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com