Re: Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

FWIW I was a member of Silicon Valley LUG a couple of years ago, and at one of their installfests someone came in with an HP laptop.   We tried and tried to get ANY linux to run on there but were unsuccessful with RH, SuSE, and even Gentoo.  Things might've changed but I am sticking with a Thinkpad when I get one, IBM has been creating linux-friendly hardware for quite awhile.  My .02

Marc

On 8/22/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reshat Sabiq wrote:

> Date:
> Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:56:00 -0600

> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/58780
> Has any of this materialized, or had the author been smoking something? ;)
>
> It'd be hugely great news if this was coming true.
As I am in the market for a new notebook, I was looking at the HP site
on the weekend and there were no linux ones then.

We have a couple of people using Linux on HP notebooks but I haven't had
a chance to talk to them yet.

--
Robin Laing