Re: monitoring IP traffic

On 8/21/05, Michael D. Setzer II <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seems to be a know problem, found some references to it on a
google search. I tried building it from source, and it got past that
point, but then ends with a segment fault, so something has broken
the rpm.

You might want to try Dag's rpm instead. I use it on my centos4.1 desktop at work and it works like a charm. I know centos isn't fedora but it's very close. I use a second netword card in that machine which has no ip address and isn't ifup'd at boot up. It is cabled to a port on my main network switch which then is setup as a port mirror of the port where all our internet traffic heads off to the firewall. Using ntop running in promiscuous mode on that second card only, I can see in great detail who/what is using our bandwidth- and why- it's a great tool!

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/ntop/

--
Cheers,

Tony