Re: SuperMicro 5013

John Rowan writes:

have drivers for this RAID controller. I've done 9 installs with FC4, RH9 or SuSE Pro 9.1 today all failing. FC4 has drivers for the controller but after installation it fails to boot. RH9 and SuSE do not recognize the drivers I've downloaded from SuperMicro.com. Does anyone know where I can get drivers for RH9 or SuSE, or why the machine hangs for 30 seconds after reboot with a GRUB prompt on the screen?

Next time a vendor tells you that you need to download and install some cockamamie binary-only driver in order to get their hardware working with Linux, hang up the phone and call someone else.