Re: Re modified: numlock, system wide, X and console?

spmirowski wrote:

Marcus Zingmark wrote:

How do I get Numlock to be on as standard in Fedora Core 4? Would like it for all users if possible.

/// Marcus

You can install the numlock binary by downloading and installing the following rpm:
numlock-0.1-0.0.yjl.1.i386.rpm

If you have configured yum to use my YJL Packages repository, you can just (as root) run:

yum install numlock

Oooh, this looks terrific. Follow up question then:

How do I set up a startingprogram for all users? This guide only tells me how to start this program for each user...

How about system wide with it happening for the console and X.
Is there a line for /etc/inputrc?

After numlock-0.1-0.0.yjl.1.i386.rpm is installed & a user activates numlock following the instructions, a file named "session-manual" is created in the user's /.gnome2 directory with the following code;

#[Default]
#num_clients=1
#0,RestartStyleHint=3
#0,Priority=50
#0,RestartCommand=/usr/bin/numlock

Now, I just finished creating the file "session-maunal" (using gedit), copied "session-manual" to every user's /.gnome2 directory on a four user system (fc3) & all four users now have the number lock key activated upon login. When the user logs out, thenumer lock deactivates. Also, I had to change the ownership of "session-manual" to match each individual user. Looks like maybe the author of numlock, had the intent, of giving the user the choice of having the number lock key on by default eh?

Stephen

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.