Re: Samba and XP SP2 no love

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 09:37 -0400, plabonte@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Under local security on the xp machines make sure to enable "Send
unencrypted passwords to third party SMB servers"

A better solution is probably to configure Samba to use encrypted
passwords.  Easy enough to do, safer, and I've not heard of it not
working with XP.

you have to set the Local Security Policy of the Windows XP box to "Send Unencrypted Passwords to Third Party SMB servers" that will work. It does for me on SAMBA 3