Re: Bind-chroot-9.3.1-4 problem

Dave Harman wrote:
Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

The symbolic links in /etc were already set up when I installed FC4

There were a number of strange things :

First, a named.conf which worked with FC2 won't work with FC4
Bind thinks there is something wrong with the file 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA
and wouldn't start. So I took the reference to 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA
out of named.conf and it started OK.

Can you post the relevant part of the named.conf you were using, plus the contents of the file 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA (which directory was it in?). What error message does bind give about this file?

Bind functioned fine as a DNS server to the internet and accepted mail to
my domain and routed it to the mail server OK

But, within the local network, it is oblivious to any other machine.
The command 'host' returned the message it wasn't aware of any
other machines on the local network.

Please give an example of a query that doesn't work, plus the named.conf segment and zone file for the zone that should be handling the query.

P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list.

Paul.