Re: How to make adobe default pdf reader in firefox/thunderbird

Rey Cruz wrote:

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:10 -1000, Ping-Wu Zhang wrote:
I went to Firefox -> Edit -> Preference -> Download -> File Type to
try to make Adobe Acroread 7.0 as my default pdf reader, but the
dialog windows were greyed out.

How do I make adobe my default pdf reader in firefox/thunderbird? Thanks

Adobe has a plugin for Firefox.
cd /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser
./install_browser_plugin

If you get confused check
out: /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/Browser_Plugin_HowTo.txt

Rey Cruz

Go into the "start" menu under the redhat icon in the toolbar. Then select preferences and file types. Within there is a published materials selection that will open up and display pdf viewer. Open this and double click on pdf which will open and give you en eidt box to specify what viewer to use for pdf files.

Redhat--> preferences --> file types and programs --> published materials --> pdf viewer --> browse for pdf viewer to use.

bill rees