Re: making Samba work [not yet, it turns out]

On Fri August 5 2005 11:51 am, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Friday 05 August 2005 10:33 am, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>
> > It is mostly ever a good thing to post the exact error string, rather
> > than saying "an error appeared" ;)
>
> Ok - I'll have to do that tonight.

Here's the error message if I click on the StudioPC icon in my Konqueror
browser:
Internal Error
Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org
libsmbclient reported an error, but did not specify what the problem is. This
might indicate a severe problem with your network - but also might indicate a
problem with libsmbclient.
If you want to help us, please provide a tcpdump of the network interface
while you try to browse (be aware that it might contain private data, so do
not post it if you are unsure about that - you can send it privately to the
developers if they ask for it)

I'm not sure how to provide said tcpdump, so I didn't do that, yet.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA