Re: Mysterious error on Firefox startup

Claude Jones wrote:

On Thu August 4 2005 5:51 am, Brendan McEnaney wrote:
FWIW, a little system info:

Fedora Core 4
firefox-1.0.6-1.1.fc4
Gnome 2.10
kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4smp
some gdesklets plastered about the desktop
Skype is always running
NVidia proprietary 3D driver: 1.0-7667

Firefox extensions installed are:
Bandwidth Tester
googlebar
Image Zoom
Paste and Go
Quick Note
Stumble Upon
Smooth Wheel
xMirror
Flashblock
Toolbar Enhancements
Cute Menus
Mozilla Calendar
cuneAform
MySpeakeasy
Yahoo!Toolbar
AniDisable
User Agent Switcher
ColorZilla
Tweak Network
Remove it Permanently
Google Toolbar for Firefox
Highlighter
Text Zoom

That's a lot of extensions! FWIW, recently, after a Firefox upgrade, 1.0.4>1.0.6, I experienced different problems with Firefox. Very strange behaviors such as the personal toolbar not appearing, the favorites sidebar not appearing at first, and having to close/open the sidebar to get the list, and other things. I ended up removing my three extensions, and reinstalling them, and that cured what ailed me.
You can also start firefox in "safe mode", in order to pin down problematic extensions quickly/easily ;-)

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.