Re: CD mount problem after DVD rip

jim branagan wrote:

I used to be able to write and rip audio CD's, with cdda2wav and cdrecord, and write data CD's with xcdroast, and to mount data CD's and open them to copy out contents. I am using a Memorex CD-writer/DVD-rom drive.

The other day I mounted and read data from a data DVD.

Now I can't rip, write or mount CD's anymore.
I get the message '/dev/hdc already mounted or /media/cdrecorder is busy'.
mount and mtab show /dev/hdc is not mounted.
Shutting down the machine and rebooting does not help.
I can still mount and read DVD's though - KDE says the DVD is mounted, and can transfer files from it, but mount/mtab say /dev/hdc is not mounted. Attempting to unmount /dev/hdc results in '/dev/hdc not mounted'. I don't see anything else unexpected mounted.

   Try: lsof | grep /hdc
to see if there are any files open on the cdwriter

umount -l /dev/hdc

should unmount any filesystem even if busy

Scott