Re: Newbie: Photoshop CS under Fedora Core 4

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 3:50 pm, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> - insert the photoshop cd
> - open a terminal
> - cd to the mounted cdrom: cd /media/cdrom
> - run the setup: wine setup.exe (or whatever the setup is called)

Thanks for that. I didn't realize it was so simple.
> > I'm a long time user of Photoshop by the way, but each time I delve into
> > Gimp, and learn a bit more how to use it, I find less and less that I
> > can't do with it, that I thought I must have Photoshop to do.
>
> I think gimp can do whatever photoshop does, or at least 95% (although I
> have to admit, I haven't used ps since 5.5). Maybe you should take a
> look at gimpshop [1], a gimp version with user interface of photoshop.
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/gimpshop/

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I was trying to say is that Gimp
is very powerful, and that I'm finding it can do most anything I would want
to do in Photoshop. I wasn't criticizing Gimp, but praising it.

I looked at gimpshop - the main development seems geared towards OSX - there
was a link to a Linux port of his code, but the link didn't take me to
anything resembling a page with Linux ports of gimpshop. I think that link is
broken.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA